Mersing Trip

Woke up at 6am today. yesh, I'm late for the trip again. Luckily I've prepared my stuff yesterday so all I need is wash up and go. But then, I forgot to draw money from the ATM!!!! Ok, I go to my nearest ATM and found that the ATM is out of service! Ok, the shitty things just don't end yesterday huh. I ride to the other ATM and found that the ATM for the entire island is down!!! How worse my luck can go to. Luckily I still have some RM leftovers from the previous trip so should be enuff for makan in Malaysia.

So, knowing that I'm late for my trip, I rode as fast (and within speed limit) as I could to the Tuas checkpoint. After the checkpoint, I rode as fast (and no speed limit) as I can to reach the other side. Once there, I found out that it's an organised trip rather than a casual trip. Damn, that's one thing I don't expect.

The trip will be almost halfway up the peninsula and make a round back in a day, which measured about 600km. We moved up to Mersing cut across the peninsula and back to Stinkapore via North-South highway.

Resting/refueling at a petrol kiosk, halfway to Mersing





Stopping by a village for a short breakfast



Finally reached Mersing ;)

Overshot our lunch destination by 10km.... now resting by roadside to check the map......


Me with my signature finger and my bike


Stopping by for lunch


Curious Malaysians


Resting by a village again.... most are getting sleepy due to lunch



Some scenery shots along the way



Stopping by for a break again.

Another scenery shot

Waiting by the road for our 2 riders who strayed from the group

After we entered the North-south highway, everyone is on our own. The highway is packed with cars and we have to speed our way thru under our worn-out condition. After an hour of riding, we finally reached Gelah Petah Esso, where we refuel and rested for another hour. The road home is pretty much a struggling one, as my wrist is aching very badlly and all of us just wanna go home mentally. This is one hell of a trip.




No comments: