Friends.....

Sometimes I wonder..... what is friend? How do you define one? Have I myself been a good one to others?
Or nowadays friend are just another human where one would make use of? How many of one's friends will actually do everything for you when you need his/her help, and how many can instantly know it's you on the phone by hearing your voice without looking at the Caller ID?

I believe everyone have a different answers for the same questions. There's one quote I've read somewhere that is pretty sensible: "It doesn't matter if you knew thousands of people, but you have nothing if none of them is your true friend"

In my society, people had put on many masks that you have difficulty knowing which is the real face. Sometimes the real face can be pretty ugly. People are no longer simple, they judge based on "face value". When comes to interviews, you'll be out of their list if you portray your real self which may not be to their liking. When comes to gathering, people calls you "antisocial" or "act cool" if you portray your quiet self.

Damn daunting thoughts, but true in certain aspects.....

No comments: