Choices

From the day I come into this world
I'm faced with choices
Choice of sleeping or choice of eating
But I don't have the choice of whether I'm willing to come into this world

As I grow older, there's more choices in place for me
I can chose to play on my own or to play with my neighbours
I can chose to draw my ideas on used paper or just do origami on them
But I can't chose to grow up faster

As I move into my teens, I still face choices
I can chose to skip classes
I can chose to join any ECAs that I like
But I can't chose to skip exams

Now,
I chose to be misunderstood by others but chose not to explain the truth
I chose to lose friends from the lack of explanation
I chose to dissappoint others who had done no wrong to me
I chose to be a escapist
I chose to be a bastard
I chose to be a jerk
But
I can't chose not to regret some of the choices I've made
I can't chose not to be too soft-hearted
I can't chose to have someone by my side when I need them most
I can't chose to have a job of my dream
I can't chose to have someone whom I'll care dearly for
I can't chose not to be childish most of the times despite my age

Life is just full of choices, joys....and regrets

No comments: