This morning incident is considered quite an adventure. We are scheduling for a spin at the track but Damien's bike tyre is ruptured shortly after we passed the customs. Best of all, this is JB, where tyres for big bikes are like gems here. Since it's still pretty early, we pushed the bike to one of the bike shop and wait for it to start business. In the meantime, we pluck out the culprit from the tyre: a metal sheet. It punched a 1-inch hole into the tyre, rendering it impossible to patch. When the shop opened, as what we expected, the shop did not have the tyre we want. However, the boss suggested us to find the tyre for them and recommended one shop for us to try our luck. True enuff, the shop do have a used one but under this desperate situation, what kinda choice do we have? After much bargaining, Damien finally settled on RM400. This price is a super rip off as this amount can get you a brand new tyre! But lan lan, that's the only tyre that fits his bike. So after the payment, we head back to the shop and the mechanics are very careful with Damien's bike, which impress me a lot. They tried their best to help get the bike on track again and after paying for the labour, we decided to continue on to the track circuit, although the weather didn't look optimistic. True enuff, we ran into a real heavy rain and by the time we reached the circuit, the weather is drizzling over there and we were utterly wet. As the time slot is for the car practise at that moment, we thought that we still have a chance after the car practise should the rain stop soon. The cars would probably then helped dry up the tarmac and it will be dry enuff for us to go for a spin. But alas, the rain gets heavier and soon the road is totally wet, which means it's too dangerous for us to go down. The cars, however, continued on and when we got the feedback from the drivers, we know that we won't be able to go down on the track anymore. Oh well, since there's no hope of going down track, we decided to go back home and meet up later at Peace Centre to check out some music gears.

We finally meet up in the evening and I go to City Music to collec the gig bag for my POD unit. For that, I got $100 poorer but at least I can bring my POD unit around with ease now. There was a guitar promotion going on too and a Fender Strat caught my eyes. Fuck, that guitar's specification is exactly what I always been looking for in a fender. It was selling at $1200. I suddenly had this urge to sell my current Fender just to get this one man. But then I have to fix the volume and tone pots first as they're pretty stiff and not working well right now. At Sinamex, I was checking out this KRK studio monitor speakers and this V4 model really caught my ears. The sound was very crisp and bass is deep and tight. Yesh, time to save up for this baby ;)

After that, we decided to go and watch Day After Tommorrow. This is the second time I've watched this movie but I liked this movie so I don't mind watching it again. After all these, sianz, time to rest for I need to go back work the next day......

No comments: