Today is the first time I bring my FZ1 out of Singapore and up north to our neighbour, Malaysia since I gotten the bike. As the bike is still in breaking in stage, this is a good chance for me to break the bike in at high speed since I had been breaking in the bike in the city at low speeds. However, Dear is not able to join me today, although I do hope that she can join me in the trip.

We had arranged to meet at Petronas GP before heading off to Kulai for their dinner. While waiting for Maverick, the group were chatting away till we moved off around 9pm.

Being the bike in break-in stage and going mostly with the Hayabusa riders, I am naturally the slowest rider in the group, being able to ride at the maximum speed of 130km/h while the rest were blasting away at 150km/h and beyond. This is the first time I had brought the bike to this speed and still trying to get used to the vibrations on the handles as compared to my old CBR600F4. The front seems to feel very light at that speed... guess it'll take some time to adjust to that.

Waiting for Maverick.....Dunno what makes AKG made that face LOL

Once we reached Kulai, the group had their dinner of prawns, pork ribs and other sinful food while I only sipping away the giant watermelon juice, which of course, couldn't finish LOL. After the dinner and some chattering, we headed back to Petronas GP before heading back to Singapore. 

During this trip, it was a good chance for me to test the OGK FF-5 helmet I had bought from Regina. Although the speed is not that much (130km/h), I can compare the effect of my old helmet (Shoei Z-3) and this new shell at the same speed. On the Z-3, the helmet will start to sway side to side at that speed, while on FF-5 the helmet is rock steady and I don't have to fight against the swaying at all! 

So what's made this helmet so stable? It's the stabilizer wings on the sides of the helmet and was told by the salesman that this will help in stabilizing the helmet at high speed. From this test, now I know that he did not bullshit me LOL.

The OGK FF-5 Helmet

The stabilizer wing on the side of the helmet

2 comments:

Ti§h said...

thats good news, looks like u will be joining us more for sat mysia pump n makan outings ;)

Getting use to the bike is very important, i agree with u that u should slowly increase your speed each trip as to know your bike better and the balancing/handling while traveling at high speed.

Hope u enjoy our ride and ur new helmet!!

Ohh i think i want to buy those tail lights haha... Cool!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.