Rest in Peace Xian Ping


Today a sms from a friend came as a shock to me....

Xian Ping, my friend I've known for 17 years, had passed away unexpectedly on Monday from haemorrhage and I wasn't informed as no one had my contact number except Diana, who thought I would have known thru Facebook Group she had created as a tribute to him. Luckily she had sms me this morning so at least I still have the chance to pay my last respects to him before his family send him off on his final journey the next day.

Thinking back, I remembered how I first met him at Parkway Parade G2000 boutique where we worked together as colleagues while we were waiting for 'O' levels results. During those times, he was nice to everyone at the workplace and everyone liked him very much as a good colleague and friend.

Moving on to Polytechnic, we landed in the same poly but in different course... and different clubs. However we still bump into each other and still have short chats from time to time. When I started hanging out at his club at the later time, I attended a couple of events with him together with a bunch of cheerful friends I've made over there.

Moving on to worklife, we kinda lost contact with him but fate sometimes brought us together when we bumped into each other from time along the streets and again, a short catching up before we moved on....

The last meeting with him was at our friend's school opening event last weekend, where I'm kinda glad to see him and Sim (who is also a friend knew during poly days) in good shape. Alas, I couldn't talk too long with him as i was busy helping with the school event but I never expect that will be the last time I'll see him. Now I wished I had spoken to him a little bit longer back then. I don't understand why life is so cruel to rob such a nice guy of his right to start a family and live to a ripe old age.

I will always remember him as a good-tempered (I never seen him blew his top even ONCE), friendly, quiet guy who treat his friends with respect. I am honored and pleased to have him came into my life as my friend.

Rest in Peace my friend. If there is really life after death, I believe that you are in a much better place right now.

You will be dearly missed.

----------------
Now playing: Sarah McLachlan - I Will Remember You
via FoxyTunes

No comments: