Haven't been changing my spark plugs since gotten the bike and now the mileage had determined that it's time to change new ones before the upcoming long trip. I'm looking into something that can last me more mileage before the next change as compared to 10000km for normal spark plug. Hence I chose the Denso Iridium Power spark plugs which I read from the site that it can last at least 30000miles. That's the kind of plug I'm looking for.... you'll know why as you read on.

In order to change the spark plugs on the FZ1, I had to remove the radiator from its mounting to provide some hand space to remove the spark plug connectors, and even with the radiator removed, there's only so much space to remove the connectors, especially the rightmost 2.

When I removed the plugs out, I checked the plugs and am glad that the condition of the plugs are good. This means that my FZ1's air/fuel mixture ratio are neither too lean or too rich. Just nice.


So slowly I inserted the new plugs as the tip are very fine (only 0.4mm) so I have no wish to bust the tip thru stupid mistakes. Once they are in place, I cranked up the engine and voila! the engine is alive again! The whole activity took me more than 2 hours to get it done, partly due to the fact that the plug connectors are a bitch to remove (freaking tight). That's the reason why I rather get some plugs that enables me to change them at longer intervals.

No comments: