Firmware V11.0.026 for N95 8Gb

Nokia recently released this new firmware just a month after its launch. No changelog had been released but it is only stated that there are bug fixes for web browser and Nokia Maps. What the heck, I usually keep my phones updated with the latest firmware so in less than 30 mins the phone is updated and ready to test out for improvements.

Since the improvements is on the browser and map, I test out one of the applications I used most: Web Browser. In the last version, my browser will hang up after long surfing period but i do not see it in this version. However, I do encounter the browser shut down on its own. This is one irritating bug. They fixed one bug, but create another.

For Maps, the community commented that the loading of the application is slower than in previous firmware. Upon trying, it is true as it now took twice as long to load the app. However, the speed have no impact to me personally since it is not ridiculously slow to me.

Other than that, I do not see any difference in other areas, even the response time is still as speedy as the previous firmware.

Moblogged with N95 8GB

No comments: