Snapped at the wrong time

Today is a fine sunny day, where I and Dear are supposed to meet up with DaBitch & gang to go to JB to fix up their bikes. It's been a while since I had rode up North with them.

Alas, just hours before meeting them up, I suddenly felt that my bike can shift gears the GP style. I don't even have to clutch in at all (in fact i can't even control the clutch at all. Stopped the bike, made a call to Norman, and tried his advise by kicking the gear up to second gear from neutral to release the suspected stuck clutch plates. After several failed attempts, Norman told me it's better to tow the bike to his shop for inspection rather than damaging the bike further.

By evening, Norman made a call to me and told me the cause of the breakdown: a snapped clutch lever rod. Norman explained this is due to wear and tear since it's more than 6 years old. Luckily no other damages had been made. Pic of the snapped rod will be posted once i got my hands on it. Think of the brighter side, this shit happened when i'm in Singapore, not JB. Lucky bastard.

No comments: