Gadget of the month

Yes, the old router is a piece of shit. My wireless connection between my N93 and the router always get disconnected after a considerable surfing. Nothing can recover the connection until i reboot the router, then i'll have problem reconnecting to the ADSL modem.

So i decided enough is enough. After doing some quick research, i decided to get the Linksys WRT54GL router. Why this router you may ask? Although it is already a damn old model, it is a proven hackable router which many network enthusiasts sweared by it. At first wanna get the older WRT54G which is cheaper but the latest hardware revision do not allow third party firmware anymore.

Rode down to Sim Lim and started hunting for it. To my surprise, even WRT54GL is a difficult hunt. Most of the shops no longer carry that model. I almost gave up and in for the second option which is Planex brand, but i decided to try my luck on the last level.

To my delight i finally found the router and when i got it set up, i checked on the net and decided to flash it with DD-WRT firmware.

Now, my $90+ router had just revealed $1000 worth of features found in professional routers

Sweet

Moblogged with Nokia N93

No comments: