S60 users, some things you can try....

When your phone starts behaving erratically.

In my case, my phone starts to go crazy by keep going into auto shutoff. It happens so frequently that it hampered my daily use. I tried hard reset (*#7370*) but still getting the same problem. My dear keep urging me to change but no! The keypad of this phone is way too good to let go, not even the N95 (sorry N95 owners) keypad can surpass the feel. So i try one last ditch to see if i can recover the phone. I for one will avoid the service centre at all cost, so i reflashed the phone firmware using the Nokia Software Updater. Thanks Nokia for finally releasing firmware flasher. After reflashing the phone, i installed back the usual apps and monitor the phone till this moment i'm typing this post. No more auto shutoffs. Guess this fixed the issue once and for all.

So in future if you encounter problems like mine, and hard reset don't seems to solve it, try this method. The service centre will probably do the same thing anyway except i can't use my phone for 10 mins compared to 5 days in service centre.

Mobile blogged with N93

No comments: