Gentlemen, start your engine....


The old timing chain auto tensioner After 3 days in the bike shop, i finally got the bike back with a tuned carb, adjusted valve clearance and new carb manifolds.

I left the bike with Norman of RaceWerkz to help me assess what are the stuffs that i need to replace/fix. Left the bike with him in the evening, he called me later that night (11 plus! He had been examining my bike till so late... Real hardcore bike lover), telling me that my bike conditions. From his descriptions, i realised that the mechanic at Motoworld had previously screwed up my:
- air/fuel ratio setting (Norman mentioned that the mixture is not normal)
- sponge found INSIDE the carb!
- choke lever bent
- floating pin position totally wrongly assembled
i was like "wow, this is uber fucked up", since i had trusted motoworld in the past and ended up they had done such substandard job. To think that i had rode the bike in that screwed up setup for more than a year! Can't blame me. From normal riding, you can't tell what went wrong inside the carb. Of course, knowing that most mechanics usually don't do good repair jobs, i just pray that Norman don't disappoint me as well.

Things that i had done to the bike:
- changed carb manifolds
- changed floating pins
- changed timing chain auto tensioner
- adjusted valve clearance
- tuned and balanced the carb.
With all these, the bill set me back at 500 plus which is considered cheap. Thank god the timing chain guide rods are still working fine, or else Norman had to take the whole engine apart, which is as good as performing an engine overhaul. If that happens, my pocket will be burnt beyond recognition.

now had been riding the bike for 2 days, it felt the engine has indeed much smoother and responsive, although it's not a hugh leap in performance, and of course, very significant drop in the valve knocking noise. I didn't realised that Norman had gone the extra mile to top up my coolant for the radiator without charging a cent. That's very nice of him. So far, it seems that he had done a good job...


Mobile blogged with Nokia N93

No comments: