After sleeping for more  than 10 hours, now I'm feeling pretty fresh. And it's about time to start the recording.
 
The drum track is done yesterday and today I shall sample the MIDI track into audio format. The sampling took me quite a while and Rudy called in the midst of my work, saying the DOD final is today and the guys will be there. So I prepare myself after the sampling and head off to the competition ground. This is my first time seeing a DOD competition and finally got the chance to see the skills of those real good players. Fing also told me about the current stupid politics going on with the SGDOD people. Super bo liao, DOD is only a game and people can get so serious over it.
 
At the same time, PAGN is promoting RayCrash, a new multiplayer game and so the rest of us register for the game. We got a feel of this new game and although it's not very difficult to learn the game, it's not easy to master the game. Nevertheless we had our fun here and soon after we split and I head home to continue where I left off.
 
Now that the drum and string tracks are laid down, it's time to lay down the bass and guitars. Damn, I'm not a bass player nevertheless and had lots of difficulties playing with fingers. In the end, I used pick playing as an alternative. Less smooth but it beats getting inconsistent playing throughout the song. Even the guitars posed much difficulties. Due to lack of practising the song, I had much difficulties putting them down perfectly, and in the end I'll just go with the feel and put them in layered format, not entirely perfect but still passable to normal listener.
 
Second song is slightly easier as it's only 2 guitars with trem and chorus effects. However since it's clean playing, any mistakes will be easily noticed. After much tries, the song is finally done. As the third song requires an acoustic guitar and the time is pretty, I postpone the recording of the third song to tomolo when the time is more suitable to record acoustic guitar

No comments: