The Black Devil wanna Breath!

.
Yes, yes, my babe.

I know you had been trying very hard to tell me that you have problem breathing when you bring me places. Even with the power of the Power Commander 3 unit, you still gasping for more air. Since today is a sunny morning and I'm not feeling lazy, I decided to perform a little surgery on you to "clear" your nose.

When I removed the "lung" (aka airbox), I find that your intake is pretty small. So what I've done for you is to open up the intake so that more air can get into your filter. Opening up the intake didn't take much effort as the plastic is soft enough for me to use cutter to cut it through. After the operation, more air will go thru it.





Next your nostrils (aka the chassis air vents) is pretty much clogged too, thanks to the cluster of wires going thru it. I unblock them by re-routing the wires thru another way so as to unblock the vents. After the re-routing, the vents are now less clogged with wires and you should be able to breath better.



Now the only thing left to do is to take you out for a ride to see if the surgery works. Since many of your kind had been operated that way with good results, you should be fine :)

5 comments:

Hes said...

oh dear you shld have cut the small opening to be bigger abit, else u will have to go big on the fuel for this big hole...

Ti§h said...

u sound like a bad doctor, after the surgery, still must test to see if it works lol. i wont want to let u do anything to me

Unknown said...

Eh guys,

Don't have to worry about the testing part. Hole of this size had been tested and proven for many FZ1 owners

@Quize: My bike do not have air ducts like your bike so its air intake is definitely very restricted. Enlarging the hole will lean out the mixture a bit but not in a drastic way. There are those who open up the air intake without PC3 and no problem occurred :)

@Tish: My testing refers to whether if there's any effect on the mod. I'm confident on what I had done will work :)

Hes said...

oh is it ??
haha didnt know much abt fz1.

btw tish, i look back at your busa blog. looking forward in u write your forte blog too :p

Unknown said...

@Quize: cos you are only a Busa guru that's why! :p