Voltmeter installed.....

After waiting for months..... I had finally gotten the voltmeter that I had been looking for. I had installed the voltmeter on my CBR600F4 back then and found that it is a useful tool to check the condition of your battery, rectifier and alternator coil. So no exception for this bike too :)

Before the installation, I had to waterproof the meter as it seems to be meant for car use. Fret not, with a little help of transparent silicone glue, I managed to seal the grooves up so that rainwater (or my bike wash water) will not seep into the device. The glue took only 5 minutes to cure but I did it a night earlier to ensure it is properly settled.



After ensuring the waterproofing is properly done, I bring it down to the carpark to fix the meter up on the bike. Installation only took me less than 15 minutes and I turn on the ignition key and voila! The voltmeter showed a sweet voltage reading of 12V....

4 comments:

Ti§h said...

Wow, new gadget!! Hey u forgot to test water resistance by soaking in a pail of water for another night hehe!!!

Unknown said...

ok, I wait for you to buy the voltmeter and see you do the test... let me know the answer then har haha

Anonymous said...

You need to put a running hose at full blast over the voltmeter for 1hr to see if it can withstand rain.The silicon you use is it those for breast implant type?lol..next time you got to help me fix all these stuff man!
From,I'm above you..

Unknown said...

Anthony?