Opera Mobile on N900

Just reading thru tweet posts I have been following and found that the dev team from Opera had started a hobbyist project that ports the Opera Mobile 10 to Maemo 5. Without much hesitation, I quickly download it and installed on the phone.

Although it is only in Alpha stage, it is pretty much functional. One thing I noticed is that the rendering speed is fast! Best thing is I can now key in URLs, posts on Facebook & forums IN PORTRAIT mode, which will be the greatest wanted feature for N900 users. One more useful working feature is the Opera Link, where my previously saved bookmarks from my desktop Opera is synchronised with Opera Mobile 10.

While it still contain downsides like poor battery power management and lack of flash, this may be my main browser for some time.

Now Maemo has 2 popular browsers in the platform (Firefox Mobile & Opera Mobile), I'm loving this device more :)


No comments: