Looking at Life thru the Viewfinder

This is one item I had been wanting to get since AngKuGuay "poisoned" me with his DSLR last year. Actually I had been dabbling with phototaking but only done so with my N93 and N95. I actually wanted to get one before the Thailand trip last year but put it off for financial reasons. Now that my financial planning had been more stabilised, I could look into getting one finally.

It was at this time there was the IT exhibition where cameras, printers and other electronic stuffs are being sold with either freebies or discount. In my opinion, IT show seems to have lost its focus since they are now featured with more consumer electronics products than IT items. Even Telcos are involved also. So since I'm looking at DSLRs, I just need to go to that section to find what I want.

Reason why I would go battling the crowd to get a camera is that the show is well known for the numerous freebies given away with camera purchases. Not that I am cheapskate, but when I saw the package for the D90, I figured that I don't have to go down to get any more accessories after this purchase. Yes, all the essential stuffs are included, that are bag, memory cards, filter, cleaning kit, screen protector and a tripod. With all these, I'm practically covered for my photography needs at the moment.

So, Stanley was with me, checking out the demo sets, while trying to bargain for a better deal. Stanley told me to think about it since the D90 is not exactly cheap. But after some calculations, I figured that I can still afford it without straining my financial plan, I turned to the lady and told her that I'll get one. Stanley was totally shocked at my decision haha.

So last weekend Angkuguay asked me to go down Tuas Circuit to see Raptor, a veteran rider, coaching aspiring trackies for free. The track is not a very big one, so it's not suitable for my bike but optimal for motards, scooters and kups. So my objective there is obvious: to do my first photo session with my new camera.

After that session, we were supposed to explore Changi area for a spot where I found out to be a good photography spot. Alas, weather screwed up our plan and we had to abort it.

The next morning, I happened to wake up early. While finding the weather to be cloudy, I figured I could give it a shot and went down to Changi area to scout out that spot I've read about. While I couldn't find the exact location, I found some other places in the area to be good shooting spots as well. I also came across a sandy trail which I had to walked in (my bike is not cut out for off roads). When I saw 2 scramblers coming out from the other end, I got to know that there could be some good locations at the other end. I didn't continue on as I was told tat I need to walk another 5km before I can reach the destination. Since I'm only on a recce mission, I will definitely be back for it.

So now I could start getting more involved in this hobby since it will also motivates me to get out of the house to see other places, using photography as driving factor. At my age, I have no wish to waste my life away by lazing at home and put more focus on better things in life.

Life already sucked big time (though I'm grateful for what I have now), so might as well make the best out of it and enjoy it.

No comments: