Tough Luck....

What a day.

Got a call from MINDEF informing me that I was mobilized for the Open Mobilization Exercise, disrupting my plan of going outdoors activity today with Dear and couple of my friends. No choice, call of duty, have to go back to get my stuff in order to report to camp...

However, I did not managed to make it home.

On the way back to home, I was travelling along the highway, leaving a car length from the vehicle behind. Traffic was moderate and congestion will be the last thing to see in this situation. Suddenly out of the blue, the vehicle in front of me e-braked in a blink of an eye and I follow suit.

As much and hard as I tried to hold the brakes, the vehicle is getting nearer and nearer with the feeling that my tires are losing its grip. Knowing that there's no way to stop the bike in time, my body instinctively reacted to the situation: throw myself out of the bike.

I landed hard on the floor, made a few rolls and next thing I know is to get up and rush for the divider (yes, I was on the overtaking lane). I was in pain, but thanks to the adrenaline rush, I was able to compose myself and stood up to see what was going on. The cabbie from the taxi behind came out of the car and immediately call the ambulance to bring me to hospital. He commented that if he had braked a little later, I would be under his car. That will be a real chilling thought....*shiver* Shortly after, the ambulance came and brought me to the hospital. The doctor was worried that I might have hurt my spinal cord so I was admitted into the observation ward for a day. Luckily, other than abrasions on my arm and limb, I was left with a strained neck. Miraculously, my hands and the gloves my Dear gave me were left unhurt. Must be Dear's blessing at work :)

Guess I am blessed and lucky to able to survive this ordeal with little scratches.

For the bike, its fate is less than positive. the front of the bike is more or less wrecked, with one of the side panniers being torn out from the bike. It is pretty sad sight. Due to the resale value of this bike, it is not worth the money to repair the damages, so I guess this will be the last time I ever rode this bike and declare it officially retired. It has served me a good 7 years of riding thru Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand roads. Goodbye , Silver Bullet, you will be missed.

I will also like to thank those who came to see me at the hosipital, particularly Weiming & Scully (and their cute daughter), AngKuGuay & DaBitch, Fox, Ah Lim, Damien & Sarah and of course the rest who had visited me as well. Really appreciate their concerns. Oh, and most importantly, thanks to Dear for her constant caring at the hospital (muackz).

Some of the scene photos I took before I was hurdled off by the ambulance....


Poor bike.....

Only this scratch on the helmet... Miracle....

That's me lying with the neck brace....

2 comments:

Ti§h said...

Hi, I'm charlie's friend Jason aka Tish. Not sure if u remember me, we ate together at MArina south and MArine sq for a frend bday.

Heard about ur accident, hope u get well soon..... take care

Unknown said...

Hi Jason,

Of course I remember you :)

Thanks for the well wishes, really hope I can get back on a bike soon too...

B.M.W. is definitely a terrible and torturing experience for me LOL